DG+Design (DG+) is a marketing and creative agency with a focus on clean energy and sustainable brands. Our work is founded on the passion to uniquely combine clean energy expertise, creative skill, and marketing strategy to provide unrivaled value for clients. From energy marketing to documentary filmmaking, DG+ focuses on empowering clients to grow the clean energy economy. We embody six core values of (1) Climate First, (2) Creativity Matters, (3) Flexibility is Key, (4) Strength in Diversity, (5) Nerdy Learning, and (6) Fun & Authentic.
Our work includes projects with utilities, solar and wind developers, non-profits, international organizations, and more. Working at DG+ is a unique opportunity to join the company at the ground floor and learn from experienced professionals. We work directly with client organizations of varying sizes and our reputation in the industry is built upon a mutual understanding of trust, high quality work, and responsiveness.
We are seeking a Communications Manager to join our team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate is a solid communicator, team player, skilled writer, and has public relations experience within clean energy and sustainability. They thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and they are ready and excited to learn about new technologies and products.
- Develop communications and PR strategies for clients to build brands, expand awareness, and impact business growth across the United States
- Ideate and write new long- and short-form communications, including press releases, opinion articles, blogs, and other content
- Craft and pitch story ideas to news outlets and reporters
- Report on media mentions, trends, and future opportunities
- Follow industry media outlets, reports, and events to stay abreast of current events and communications trends and opportunities
- Engage regularly with clients to understand their marketing, communications, and creative needs
- Participate in and often lead virtual meetings with clients to discuss strategy, deliverables, deadlines, and other project-related activities
- Advocate for and deliver high-quality creative output that drives credibility, awareness, and business results
- Communicate regularly with clients, internal project team members, and external parties, such as reporters, vendors, and partners
- Manage client expectations and timing for project deliverables
- Maintain a clean, safe home office work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, or a related field
- 3-5 years of work experience, with some communications experience in clean energy and sustainability
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of various types of content
- A passion for (or strong interest in) sustainability and clean energy
- Professional attitude and ability demonstrate highest values and professionalism, such as through courteous and professional correspondence, following brand standards for both design and writing, and timely communication
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Experience pitching story ideas and placements to journalists across a variety of media types and outlets
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, Asana, Google Analytics, and HubSpot
- Understanding of media outreach and tracking tools, such as Cision or Meltwater
- Ability to track and analyze website and social media metrics using Google Analytics and other tools
Compensation and benefits
The annual salary for this position is commensurate with experience. DG+ benefits for all employees include:
- Health, dental, an vision insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance and disability insurance
- Professional development allowance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with employer match
To apply, please send your resume, a cover letter, and two writing samples to email@example.com.